(This is the first of a 2-part webinar series from the EDM Council Data ROI Working Group. The 2nd webinar will be held on Dec. 6, 2023.)
Aligning the interests of the CDO and CFO: Introducing a practitioner perspective:
- Understanding what data ROI actually means and where we are in leveraging this insight
- Real examples of how business cases are built to track data and develop Generative AI projects
- Tracking the Return on Investment (ROI): How does this influence capital allocation decisions going forward?
- Measuring the financial value of data and AI: Does usage or purpose influence valuations?
The EDM Council Data ROI Working Group of over 100 cross-industry companies has been hard at work with Chief Data Officers (CDOs) and data management professionals from around the world building the following complimentary Data ROI assets:
- Data Office ROI (ROI of Data Office)
- Data as an Asset (Valuation of Data)
- Data Companies (DataCos)
Empirical studies indicate that intangibles account for more than 90% of the market capitalization of most publicly-traded companies. Interestingly, most intangible definitions exclude data as an asset.