The U.S. Army Cyber Command is searching for a Supervisory Data Scientist, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
According to the posting, duties for the Supervisory Data Scientist include:
- Lead a multi-dimensional team of data scientists in the development of new or improved data science methods, techniques, principles, and concepts.
- Lead the analytical study efforts for teams of analysts, all engaged in the conduct of data science and cost, economic, and business transformation analyses of current, evolving, or proposed DOD and Army Enterprise Information Systems initiatives.
- Plan and accomplish delivery of data science tools of considerable difficulty and complexity, which require the formulation and development of new techniques and methods.
- Represent the command on a variety of liaison, advisory, and consulting assignments with key technical and management personnel on current and emerging data science, operations research, cost/economic analysis, and Big Data transformation.
- Provide leadership and the analytical study direction to Operations Research Analysts and Computer Scientists/Engineers.
- Conduct analyses on very large scale, complex, and controversial programs which involve alternative courses of actions which have political and economic sensitivity.