This position will serve as Data Scientist within the Data Division, Architecture, Data, and Standards Directorate, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), HQDA. Data Division is the integrator of financial, technological, knowledge management, and enterprise architecture initiatives and has overall responsibility for portfolio management, strategic planning and strategic performance planning and analysis for Army programs in the OCIO.
According to the posting, duties for the Data Scientist include:
- Inform leadership and staff on technical tools, methodologies, and resources for conducting studies and analyzing classified and unclassified information.
- Educate the organization on developed methods, models, and tools to drive organizational buy-in.
- Define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of ontologies and optimized data models.
- Identify significant problems and future needs, seek root causes, and develop practical courses of action and timely solutions.
- Prioritize the near-term Ontology and Data Modeling roadmap to deliver on business/mission outcomes, quickly identify leverage points in complex problems.