The Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) is searching for a Division Director, Data Transparency (Supervisory Management and Program Analyst), according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov, which is open to the public. (BFS also posted versions of this position for internal/career transition and for career transition/competitive service/veterans/etc.)
This position is located at BFS, Deputy Commissioner Transformation & Modernization, Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO). The incumbent is responsible for leading the Fiscal Service’s data transparency program, providing accessible and useful federal financial data to the public.
According to the posting, the Division Director, Data Transparency will:
- Initiate, plan, implement, and review all tasks associated with operating a government-wide initiative to promote data transparency and establish data standards to provide open, available, and reliable data sources for consumption by governmental and non-governmental users.
- Prepare periodic reports and conducts briefings for senior OMB, Treasury, and other officials.
- Advise management, as well as customers and stakeholders on government-wide data standards and reporting best practices for agency compliance with the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018, OMB guidance related to federal data strategies, or the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA Act) and any new and amended requirements in relation to federal data.
- Drive change across the enterprise by creating a comprehensive data policy framework, facilitating mature data analytics efforts across the enterprise, and making operational data highly accessible and consumable.
- Establish a fully functioning, empowered, and collaborative data governance process that includes all stages of the lifecycle of data, including the cataloging and prioritization of Bureau data.