The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) within the Department of the Treasury is searching for a Data Scientist with expertise in data modeling and analysis, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
This position is located in the BEP’s Physical Security Systems Division. The Data Scientist will serve as a Subject Matter Expert on data modeling and analysis, supporting the Cybersecurity Program initiatives to help drive improved data-driven decision making within the Office of Critical Infrastructure and IT Security (OCIITS).
According to the posting, duties for the Data Scientist include:
- Study data, build analyses, synthesize insights, create presentations, and deliver practical and timely solutions to the Bureau’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Ensure the timely fusion of external data sources into the data holding and monitor the content for quality and compliance with the data governance framework.
- Operate and manage application to collect, link, store, and report on planning data created by OCIITS stakeholders at various levels.
- Research technologies and methodologies relating to IT Security and Data Science; research cybersecurity and data science technologies to initiate, apply and plan for deployment within BEP.
- Lead data analytics projects that will seek to develop and measure key performance indicators for programs and projects related to protecting BEP’s IT systems.