The Center for Forecasting and Outbreak Analytics (CFA)/Predict Division within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (HHS CDC) is searching for a Supervisory Data Scientist, per a posting on USAJobs.gov.
According to the posting, the duties for this role include:
- Direct the development and implementation of advanced computational models to simulate and forecast infectious disease transmission processes and estimate key epidemic parameters from data.
- Establish vision, goals, priorities, and performance standards of the organization.
- Provide expert consultation and advice to Division and Center Directors in computational epidemiology and the application of sound statistical and epidemiological principles in the analysis of public health data.
- Demonstrate expertise and attention to detail while leading high-profile modeling projects with real-world impacts.
- Promote the use of state-of-the-art technology, enterprise-grade software development practices, and advanced modeling workflows that embrace open science while ensuring the scientific integrity, reproducibility, and validity of the outputs.