The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is searching for an experienced Data Analyst to work in the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion, Affirmative Employment Diversity and Inclusion Branch, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
The Data Analyst is responsible for performing and coordinating a broad range of programs, policies, procedures, and assignments to eliminate barriers to equal opportunity, and to increase diversity.
According to the posting, the Data Analyst:
- Serves as the recognized authority for data analyses of research results and data using advanced statistical techniques via the application of computer programs to determine the desired statistical computations, analyses, and acceptable output formatting based on network constraints.
- Analyzes complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to conceptual physical and logical data models.
- Assesses data sources to determine the type of data available and how data imports can be made into other systems to reduce or eliminate manual reporting requirements. Leverages data tools, collects data, and evaluates alternatives to assess projected capabilities for future mission support.
- Analyzes large amounts of raw information to find patterns. Adapts existing or develops new methods of computation and analysis when current techniques will not provide adequate or satisfactory results.
- Recommends additions or modifications to existing hardware, software, and data architecture to support OMWI research missions.
- Attends meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to data science, advanced data storage technologies, and statistical and analysis support system concepts.