The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation is searching for a Data Scientist, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
This position is located in the FDIC Division of Insurance and Research, Financial Modeling and Research Section. The Data Scientist provides support in the areas of data science and complex analytics, including the use of AI/ML techniques.
According to the posting, duties for the Data Scientist include:
- Conducts empirical studies and analyses using AI/ML techniques to analyze structured, semi-structured, or unstructured data.
Identifies methods, processes, algorithms, tools, and systems to generate and interpret findings from varied structured and unstructured datasets.
- Develops algorithms and tools for data manipulation and processing, as well as the use of data visualization techniques.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the efficient use of cloud technologies (including Microsoft Azure Databricks and Apache Airflow), statistical programming languages and software (including Python and SQL), and distributed computing software and databases (such as Apache Spark and PySpark).
- Provides technical leadership and serves as team lead on data analysis projects, including projects that use complex analytic approaches common to the field of data science including AI/ML techniques, Natural Language Processing (NLP), statistical analysis, geographic analysis, data visualizations, and application/model development.
- Leads in the development of applications and visualizations of geographic data for analyses of climate and other risks; demonstrates proficiency in evolving Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping capabilities, including internal and external geographic datasets and mapping software (such as Google Maps API or ArcGIS).