The Federal Emergency Management Agency within the Department of Homeland Security is searching for a Data Scientist who will support data and analytics modernization programs, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
The Data Scientist will serve as a subject matter expert in the highly technical and specialized area of data sciences. They will also serve as a key advisor to Office of Policy and Program Analysis (OPPA) and Enterprise Data and Analytics Modernization Initiative (EDAMI) senior leadership on all matters related to the application of mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, machine learning, natural language processing, data and computer sciences.
According to the posting, typical assignments for the Data Scientist include:
- Serving as a subject matter expert for data science and the application of mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, machine learning, natural language processing, and related techniques.
- Applying data tools, programming skills, data visualization, and advanced analytics to solve complex problems.
- Constructing data pipelines using complex tools and techniques to handle data at scale.
- Developing new methods to automate reports, develop predictive models, and analyze trends.
- Providing management with technical advice and recommendations for developing data science capabilities.