The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is searching for an IT Specialist in Data Management to support the Office of Data Analytics (ODA), according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
The ODA is responsible for supporting the OIG’s audits, evaluations, investigations, and special reviews of the personnel and programs of all DOJ components. The goal of the Data Analytics program is to: (1) develop the OIG’s capability to manage large datasets to support various OIG projects; (2) develop models to automatically identify indicators of fraud and other high-risk programs and/or transactions; and (3) represent the Department in its interactions with all federal Departments and agencies regarding data analytics activities, policies, standards, and programs.
According to the posting, duties for the IT Specialist in Data Management include:
- Provide a robust data management platform to translate complex business needs, requirements and strategy, multiple data sets and other data points that supports conceptual, relevant, and straightforward dashboards, visual tools, reports, and analytical solutions
- Develop standard templates and data/information displays that communicate complete information in simple insightful ways that accelerate decisions, improve accountability, and increase speed to target.
- Develop and execute strategies to improve business strategies, fraud detection and data analysis through related information systems within the DOJ-OIG.
- Develop strategies for data acquisition, archive recovery, and implementation of data architectures to support a Data Warehouse/Data Lake environment, including data design, database architecture, and meta data repository creation for a variety of business data from various DOJ Components.
- Evaluate highly complex database management environments identifying problems and providing expert technical advice on new or improved information technology and procedures.
- Develop data architecture with customer as focus in meeting their needs for a scalable platform.