The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is seeking a Director, Governance and Strategy for Information Management, Data and IT Programs to serve as the agency’s Chief Data Officer, according to a job posting on USAjobs.gov.
The Director provides leadership and direction and plans the design, development and administration of the NRC’s enterprise and data architecture; data and information technology (IT) governance objectives; information management (IM) programs including, records management, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), information collections, and library services. Provides support to NRC through leadership, governance, policy setting, advisory services, and collaborative outreach to optimize enterprise data and information assets. Serves as the Senior Agency Official for Records Management.
According to the job posting, duties for the Director role include:
- developing and managing the agency’s data and IT governance framework to ensure IT and data strategic alignment, IT and data resource management, risk management, performance measurement, and IT and data value delivery.
- Guiding the development of data and IT enterprise architecture principles and standards for the agency.
- Overseeing development and implementation of the agency’s Data and IT Strategy, Cloud Strategy and FinOps program.
managing the agency’s data and IT intake process and Digital Services Center.
- Ensuring IM policy, standards, and governance are developed and followed based on applicable laws and regulations and, when appropriate, industry best practices.
- Managing the agency-wide records program and records lifecycle management and develops a structured framework for classifying and organizing NRC information.
- Managing a centralized system for the electronic search and retrieval of internal and external agency documents, including overseeing the Public Document Room, the Agency-wide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS) Support Center, the Technical Library, and the File Center.