The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) is searching for a Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Strategic Futures Quantitative Analysis & Methods, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
ODNI’s Directorate for Mission Integration (MI) creates a consistent and holistic view of intelligence from collection to analysis and serves as the principal advisor on all aspects of intelligence to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI). MI integrates mission capabilities, informs enterprise resource and policy decisions, and ensures the delivery of timely, objective, accurate, and relevant intelligence. This position will be part of MI’s Strategic Futures Group (SFG).
According to the posting, duties for the Deputy National Intelligence Officer include:
- Lead and conduct an analytic production program leveraging quantitative methods and analytics, data science, and other structured tools and techniques to increase the sophistication of SFG assessments on transnational topics.
- Partner with other D/NIOs in SFG to increase the use of data and quantitative tools in SFG analysis.
- Identify, develop, and produce standalone analytic projects independently that can contribute to SFG’s mission on a range of transnational and forecasting issues.
- Deconflict with SFG management and the other D/NIOs.
- Identify areas where data and quantitative methodologies could open up new transnational accounts for SFG to explore.
- Serve as the Strategic Futures Group point of contact and expert resource for data management, quantitative analysis, and exploitation, especially as it relates to the acquisition, exploitation, and analysis of data for the Global Trends effort.
- Develop and implement data management and storage tools and procedures for SFG..