The ODNI Directorate for Mission Integration (MI) creates a consistent and holistic view of intelligence from collection to analysis and serves as the Director of National Intelligence’s (DNI) principal advisor on all aspects of intelligence. MI integrates mission capabilities, informs enterprise resource and policy decisions, and ensures the delivery of timely, objective, accurate, and relevant intelligence.
According to the posting, duties for the Lead Data Scientist include:
- Potentially lead data science programs by identifying strategic methodological issues and areas of focus to support decision making by the most senior policymakers.
- Build, manage, and operate AI/ML lifecycle management on a range of decision science and decision analysis tools to support Mission Analytics across a myriad of products and disciplines.
- Develop and manage data science capabilities in a multi-cloud environment, and custom data processing algorithms, scripts, and tools.
- Support ODNI and IC-level communities of interest driving strategic changes in business analytics and data-driven decision making and assuring quality control and governance of data sets.
- Assist in building the conception, preparation, and communication of an extensive range of strategic, complex graphics, computational models/tools, or written/oral assessments on significant or contentious issues for the most senior internal and external customers (e.g., policymakers, IC components, Agency executives).
- Collaborate with IC collectors and analysts to identify and close gaps on complex intelligence problems; devise creative all source data collection strategies to fill intelligence gaps; task specific collections resource.
- Determine approaches and strategies to market statistical and methodological services to new or potential partners or customers.