The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is looking for a Senior Data Analytics Expert to join the Human Resources Solutions (HRS) Federal Staffing Center (FSC), Talent Acquisition Analytics Group (TAAG), according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
As a senior technical expert and advisor for advanced data analytics, data science, and machine learning, the employee will play a critical role in strengthening the technical capacity of HRS.
According to the posting, the Senior Data Analytics Expert will:
- Serve as TAAG’s senior technical advisor for advanced data analytics, data science, and machine learning to enhance the technical capabilities of HRS.
- Lead complex analyses, including formulating analysis plans, modeling data, conducting analyses, and communicating outcomes to address business and research queries from OPM and customer agencies.
- Develop and deploy machine learning applications that find patterns in large volumes of data to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Federal human resources processes.
- Transform structured and unstructured data using advanced scientific, mathematical, and statistical principles and theories (e.g., Natural Language Processing) to develop data sets for advanced analytical purposes.
- Represent TAAG at OPM and interagency workgroups and project teams, contributing to government-wide analytics efforts.