The Data Officer, located in Washington, DC will serve as a senior adviser on a broad range of organizational policy and operational issues and projects related to data science and data management that are critical to the accomplishment of the SEC’s regulatory responsibilities. The SEC IM regulates investment companies, variable insurance products, and federally registered investment advisers.
According to the posting, duties for the Data Officer include:
- Develops and maintains the Division’s data strategy and management in coordination with the Office of the Chief Data Officer, and in alignment with the SEC’s overall Data Strategy.
- Develops and prepares guidance on data management issues involving complex or sensitive data in precedent-setting situations under tight timeframes.
- Serves as the Division’s senior adviser and subject matter expert on data science matters and data initiatives, governance, architecture, and services, providing advice and guidance to senior leadership and staff.
- Identifies and reviews data management issues, participates in projects, and develops policies and procedures to implement new data management program requirements in the areas of data stewardship, data architecture, metadata, and data technical standards.
- Coordinates with agency stakeholders to develop and maintain a comprehensive data inventory accounting for all data assets created, collected, controlled, or maintained by the Division.