The Social Security Administration (SSA) is searching for an Executive Advisor for Enterprise Data Management (EAEDM), per a posting on USAJobs.gov. The EAEDM will provide the technical expertise and guidance needed to fully develop and implement the agency response to emerging federal data policies and directives aimed at ensuring decisions are informed by and supported with data and evidence.
The policies and directives are outlined in the following references: Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018 (Evidence Act), OMB Memorandum M-19-18 Federal Data Strategy – A Framework for Consistency, and OMB Circular No. A-130 – Managing Information as a Strategic Resource.
According to the posting, the duties for the Supv Health Scientist (Data Scientist) include:
- Support the Associate Commissioner (AC) / Chief Data Officer (CDO) in presenting the SSA’s response to the Evidence Act and federal data strategy (FDS) before Congress, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and oversight authorities such as the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the Office of Inspector Genera (OIG). Provide technical expertise and facilitation across impacted stakeholders for execution of the action items defined in the annual FDS requirements.
- Execute the five strategic goals outlined in the SSA’s Enterprise Data Strategy (EDS)
- Identify advanced analytic concepts, and related technologies, for future adoption and governance, including AI/ML, RPA, and APIs.
- Identify, socialize and gain buy-in to for future adoption, and appropriate business use cases and proof of concepts to demonstrate these technologies’ value propositions, as well as governance structure for effective implementation and oversight.
- Develop and implement a portfolio of strategic use cases (including research and demonstration projects) for the FDS Action Plan and OMB Learning Agenda to produce insights and business intelligence.