This position will support the OFC and the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC), and FSOC member agencies by independently performing and advising macroprudential data analysis, feature engineering, machine learning model development, and related projects.
According to the posting, duties for the Senior Financial Data Scientist include:
- Lead diverse and complex analytical studies.
- Oversee and provide leadership and direction to broad financial data research projects on areas related to statistical methods, programing, data product development, big data, and feature engineering.
- Assist the Associate Director for Data Products in utilizing the scientific and technical capabilities within the OFR to support ongoing and future data analytics projects.
- Provide expert consultation to OFR Staff, and when requested, FSOC and FSOC member agencies pertaining to theory and application of data science and data analytics principles.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and predictive analysis to identify influential features and inform data-driven decisions.