The Department of the Treasury, Under Secretary Domestic Finance, Office of Financial Research (OFR) is searching for Supervisory IT Specialist (DATAMGT) to serve as the Data & Product Operations Supervisor, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
The Data and Product Operations Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring effective coordination and management of OFR Data Products and the related collection, persistence, and distribution of financial and market data used to create the Data Products. This position resides in the OFR’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Data Operations division.
According to the posting, the Data & Product Operations Supervisor will:
- Work with the business to determine data operations needs and requirements as well as with the various areas of IT to identify technologies and solutions that meet the data needs of the organization.
- Assess the impact of forecasted changes in technology and business requirements and recommend appropriate changes to data management and governance plans and strategies.
- Develop data governance and management concepts, principles, procedures, methods, and practices to facilitate OFR’s data products.
- Advise other IT experts (within OFR, FSOC agencies, and other sister agencies) on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting data management and technology concepts, principles, methods, or practices, to implement OFR data management improvements.
- Serve as a financial data and operations expert and consultant to OFR Senior Management and FSOC agency officials to advise on improving data quality and data management, as well as identifying how data can be integrated and managed efficiently across similar products.