The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) within the U.S. Department of the Treasury is searching for an Assistant Administrator for Data Analytics – Chief Data Officer, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
As the TTB’s AA DA/CDO, this position will serve as a key management official supporting the Administrator and Deputy Administrator, with responsibility for leading the development and execution of an enterprise TTB data strategy for effective data-driven decision-making and operational improvements.
According to the posting, the AA DA/CDO will work to establish data and analytic priorities, including:
- Developing and executing a data strategy to address current and emerging tax compliance issues across all areas of the bureau to support tax policy research and provide insight and guidance on applying data-driven approaches for improving tax administration
- Developing TTB’s Data Governance Program to ensure the accuracy, reliability, compliance, and security of data. Curating a centralized data warehouse for business intelligence to aggregate different sources of data that TTB’s Office of Analytics can use to inform decision-making
- Overseeing the implementation and management of cutting-edge solutions for data integration, data quality, storage management, and technologies that are optimized for data analytics, ensuring alignment with TTB’s mission and strategic objectives
- Incorporating new evidence building processes, developed in coordination with TTB directorates and industry stakeholders, to ensure strategic planning and program decisions are data driven and in line with documented organizational challenges and risks
- Overseeing the design of business intelligence tools to inform decision-making, and develop advanced analytics models for risk-based enforcement.