The U.S. Army Cyber Command is searching for a Supervisory Data Scientist to work in the Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM), according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
According to the posting, duties for the Supervisory Data Scientist include:
- Lead a multi-dimensional team of data scientists in the development of new or improved data science methods, techniques, principles, and concepts primarily related to network operations and cyber security.
- Lead the analytical study efforts for teams of analysts, all engaged in the conduct of data science and cost, economic, and business transformation analyses of current, evolving, or proposed DOD and Army Enterprise Information Systems initiatives.
- Assign tasks based on the expertise and capability of work force in planning, evaluating, documenting, and defending the technology program of the Center.
- Plan and accomplish delivery of data science tools of considerable difficulty and complexity, which require the formulation and development of new techniques and methods.
- Represent the command on a variety of liaison, advisory, and consulting assignments with key technical and management personnel on current and emerging data science, operations research, cost/economic analysis, and Big Data transformation.
- Provide leadership and the analytical study direction to Data Scientists, Operations Research Analysts, and Computer Scientist.
- Conduct analyses on very large scale, complex, and controversial programs which involve alternative courses of actions which have political and economic sensitivity.
- Assist the Director in managing the implementation of the Command’s Data Science Program, with primary focus on identifying where data science can benefit the command.