The Judicial Branch of the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts is searching for an Information Technology Specialist (Data Management), according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
This position will report to the Architecture & Development branch chief in the Judiciary Data and Analysis Office (JDAO). The person in this role serves as a subject matter expert for/of JDAO on all things related to data architecture, technology solutions, and technology infrastructure. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with other offices within the AO, the courts, and other judiciary entities to achieve consensus on data strategies. They must be able to lead JDAO staff and contractors in implementing the best application development processes, methodologies, and standards, and be involved in the support and maintenance of the applications owned by the office. The person should be well versed in both legacy (on-prem) and next-generation (cloud-based) technologies related to data warehousing, ETL/ELT, reporting/dashboarding, web development, and object-oriented programming.
According to the posting, the Information Technology Specialist (Data Management) is expected to lead the adoption and implementation of technology and data architecture solutions that support the core mission of JDAO, which is to provide data strategy, reporting, and analytical services for the courts and other Administrative Office (AO) offices. The duties of this position include:
- Analyzing, recommending, and implementing structured and unstructured data management and storage solutions for the core Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and the myriad of data products that leverage the EDW platform and support self-service capabilities.
- Collaborating with the other architects and staff in JDAO and across the AO to develop data governance policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with data, solutions, and analytics leaders across the judiciary to expand the footprint and services of the EDW and enable effective access to the data in the EDW for supporting reporting and analytical needs.
- Providing thought leadership and hands-on support for data modeling, governance, establishing standards, data access methodologies, tool study and selections, Proof-of-Concepts, and other activities.
- Contributing and providing hands-on assistance to concurrent efforts ranging from development of new data products, Java based applications, infrastructure management and upgrades.