The US Army, Pacific, is searching for a Data Officer who will serve as the Chief Data Officer (CDO) for 8th Army, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
The 8th Army CDO will integrate the strategic, theater, and joint efforts of the U. S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM), the United States Forces Korea (USFK), and the U. S. Army Pacific (USARPAC) into technical capabilities that enhance 8th Army’s ability deter threats in the theater and bolster Allies.
According to the posting, the Lead Health Scientist (Data Scientist) will:
- Serves as the principal advisor to 8th Army senior leaders on the application of emerging scientific and analytic technologies and techniques that will accelerate 8th Army’s deterrence and projection capabilities.
- Serves as the expert for the organization on the employment of analysis methods and data initiatives.
- Responsible for the long-term progress of technology and analytic initiatives that will enhance warfighting capabilities within 8th Army’s operational and tactical echelons.
- Educates 8th Army to adopt scientific approaches to analysis.
- Works with 8th Army G8 to plan, program, and oversee execution of resources related to technical initiatives in data and analytics.
- Liaises with a variety of stakeholders, to include USFK, USARPAC, USINDOPACOM, and Head Quarter Department of Army (HQ DA), to leverage technical capabilities to support 8th Army?s decision making and warfighting efforts.