Energy Dept. Seeks CDO
The Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of the Chief Information Officer (IM-1) is looking for a dynamic, innovative, seasoned executive to lead and serve as the Chief Data Officer (CDO) and manage the agency’s data assets through a full data lifecycle — including standardizing data formats, sharing data assets, and publishing data assets in accordance with applicable laws and federal guidelines. The job posting on USAJobs.gov is open until Jan. 17, 2023.
The DOE CDO, located in Washington, DC, will be charged to:
- Serve as the Chair of DOE’s Data Governance Board in accordance with the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018 (Evidence Act).
- Lead agency efforts to track data collections, data purchases, databases, and physical data models and determine cross-cutting linkages between data sets.
- Lead statistical analysis of initiatives with a focus on improving agency standards for data collection and maintenance and recommends strategies to ensure and improve data integrity.
- Identify opportunities to improve organizational outcomes using data, builds and oversees predictive models, and interpret data to highlight novel insights.
- Review agency data set asset infrastructure, in coordination with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) with the goal to reduce barriers that inhibit data accessibility.
- Ensures that the agency maximizes its use of data, including to produce evidence, regulatory analyses, cybersecurity, and the improvement of agency operations.