The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is searching for a Supervisory Program Manager, to serve as Deputy Group Director for the iQuality Improvement and Innovation Group (iQIIP) within the Center for Clinical Standards and Quality, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
According to a LinkedIn post by IQIIP Director Anita Monteiro, this position will also serve as the group’s Chief Data Officer. “Looking for strong leadership of our entire portfolio of national quality improvement programs, developing and executing our data strategy, evaluating the evidence, modernizing our programs, and delivering value to Medicare beneficiaries and the health system.”
According to the posting, duties for the Supervisory Program Manager include:
- Serves as Deputy to the Group Director (GD) and exercises supervisory authority over the staff in the Director’s absence.
- Mentors technical policy, program and data experts to develop evidence-based policy and data recommendations.
- Provides leadership in support of developing quality improvement program implementation and data policies, including evaluation of the evidence and ensuring the policy is appropriate for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Participates in and makes substantive contributions to top-level discussions and planning sessions on data strategy, execution, and IT solutions as a means to accomplish the business strategy.
- Serves as a key Agency representative and expert on iQIIG data and technical solutions in support of the Group Director’s vision and leadership.