The Senior Data Scientist will serve as a principal advisor on broad issues relating to policy proposals and adherence towards a formal data governance framework and data life cycle practices to unlock the potential of government data. This position is located in the Health Resources and Services Administration. Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW), Division of Practitioner Data Bank, Office of the Director.
According to the posting, duties for the Senior Data Scientist include:
- Serving as a senior authoritative source on tasks requiring analytical techniques to analyze complex data relationships, identify innovative ideas, and develop objective evaluation criteria.
- Developing thoughtful recommendation for implementing solutions to strengthen the NPDB’s overall data governance.
- Managing major projects concerning BHW’s current and proposed data-related activities, identify gaps, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitoring and ensuring consistent implementation of policies related to data release and dissemination and maximizing BHW data for internal and external users.
- Representing DPDB as a recognized data science expert at working group forums established by BHW, HRSA, or HHS officials, OMB, Federal Chief Information Officers, and other partners, to focus on data transparency, accountability, policy and directive participation and collaboration.