The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is searching for a Senior Vice President to serve as the CIO in the Office of Enterprise Data and Technology Solutions at the Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae), according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
This position is responsible for defining, developing, and implementing enterprise-wide technical and information management strategies to ensure the ongoing and future alignment of Ginnie Mae’s operations and technical infrastructure across the enterprise business model. More specifically, the incumbent will define and develop strategies for all mortgage loan- and mortgage-backed securities (MBS)-related information technology (IT)- and data management-related design and development activities. This role is also responsible for developing and leading the technology strategy and spearheading the enterprise digital transformation initiatives for the organization. The SVP/CIO also ensures all cybersecurity mandates are met.
The incumbent directs the following divisions – Cloud and Infrastructure, Technology Management, Enterprise Data Solutions, Modernization and Transformation Solutions, Information Security and the enterprise IT Project Management Office (PMO). The incumbent reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and will partner closely with the Senior Vice Presidents of the various Ginnie Mae Program Offices to achieve business objectives.
According to the posting, the SVP/CIO is responsible for:
- Directing the development of strategies to design and implement transformational technology and information management solutions, to ensure a robust and full integration across business processes/operations and IT/data infrastructure in support of the issuance and guarantee of MBS, more specifically related to the life cycle of Ginnie Mae’s mortgage loans, MBS, and structured multi-class transactions.
- Directing the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide data strategy and data governance framework to enable sound policies and decisions regarding enterprise data architecture and standards, and related data integration and cloud hardware/software and infrastructure operations to support a high computing information environment for performance reporting, decision support, and research and analytics operations.
- Directing the strategies, development and implementation of business process improvements initiatives and the IT/data infrastructure projects with high complexity or risk, such as enterprise-wide system integrations that include large-scale enterprise resource planning across multiple contractors/outsourced MBS operations/production environments and related IT and data platforms, in support of mortgage loan/MBS processing and data management.
- Directing the Technology Management Division (TMD) that is responsible for providing the planning and technical execution leadership that meets the evolving business, information, and security needs of Ginnie Mae.
- Directing the Enterprise Data Solutions Division (EDS) that is responsible for providing the expertise and leadership critical to meeting the information needs of business stakeholders. The EDS Division is responsible for defining and implementing Ginnie Mae’s data strategy that encompasses data quality, data architecture, metadata, master data management, and other information management disciplines ensuring that Ginnie Mae manages data as an enterprise asset.