The Department of Labor is searching for a Director of Data Services (Supervisory IT Specialist), according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
This position is located in the DOL Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Directorate of Technology, Innovation, and Engineering (TIE). DOL posted two versions of the job, one open to the public and one for land & base management, military spouses, and veterans.
According to the posting, major duties for the Director of Data Services include:
- Serves as Director of Enterprise Data Services, overseeing and directing data management and analytics teams to design and implement enterprise-wide data management, business intelligence, and advanced analytics project(s) or program(s) with organization-wide stakeholders.
- Applies statistics and data modeling to gain actionable business insights and boost customer productivity and revenue.
- Analyzes business requirements and processes and makes recommendations to TIE senior leadership for implementation.
- Serves as an expert consultant and advisor to Chief Technology Officer (CTO)/Deputy CTO regarding the application of DOL, scientific, and statistical standards to data evaluation and analysis in the development of high-priority analyses and actionable metrics.
- Establishes, implements, and employs predictive modeling and advanced statistical analysis processes to facilitate business decision-making for TIE senior leadership.