The National Technical Information Service (NTIS), Office of Data Science, is searching for an Associate Director of Data Science, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov.
According to the posting, the Associate Director of Data Science (under the labor category of Supervisory Information Technology Specialist) will:
- Serve as a senior data management and information technology expert overseeing IT specialists with diverse skill sets in technology, data management, data science, business requirements gathering, and organizational change management.
- Work with Federal agencies at an executive level to define business requirements that could be achieved through data science tools, methods and processes.
- Oversee and provide guidance for the design of experiments, testing of hypotheses, and building data models.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to senior technology and business executives that demonstrate how data science capabilities in such areas as artificial intelligence, and machine learning are helping their respective agencies function more effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee and helps teams composed of multiple organizations to implement advanced data analysis and highly complex designs algorithms and helps senior and executive managers understand the results.
- Advise and help teams create advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time and near real-time decision systems.
- Define alternative approaches, oversees, and helps team model complex process and workflow problems, discover insights and identify opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques..