The Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) is searching for a Chief Data Officer according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov (open to the public). The RRB also issued a separate job posting with the same duties for a Career Transition, Competitive Service, Veterans, etc.
The CDO position is located in the RRB’s Bureau of Information Services, Data Integrity and Governance. The CDO will serve as the principal advisor to the OCIO on all matters involving the RRB’s data science program and will provide authoritative advice on how to best operationalize data.
According to the posting, the RRB’s CDO will:
- Conceive, plan, direct, and coordinate the full range of data analytic services required to meet the needs of the agency.
- Oversee the management, development, implementation, and evaluation of state-of the-art, cutting-edge, data science technology solutions, ensuring that they meet the agency’s mission requirements and legislative data standards.
- Provide program value and customer service to enable the agency to achieve its strategic goals and performance objectives in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- Apply substantial knowledge of IT functionality, approaches, and applications related to the division for use throughout the agency.
- Lead the design, planning, execution, and support of major initiatives to enhance IT service delivery.