The Securities and Exchange Commission is searching for a Supervisory Data Scientist to serve as its Deputy Chief Data Officer, according to a job posting on USAJobs.gov. This position will report to the Commission’s Chief Data Officer, Austin Gerig.
According to the posting, the responsibilities for the Deputy CDO include:
- Serving as an expert consultant and senior manager for the Office of the Chief Data Officer; providing subject matter expertise and advice to the CDO and other Senior Officers on all data-related matters relevant to the agency’s mission.
- Overseeing, guiding, and resourcing the SEC’s Data Management Program and Data Officers and Stewards Program.
- Leading internal and external training and communication opportunities to drive and deepen the data culture at the agency through enhancing the disciplined use, improved access, and increased security of the agency’s enterprise data assets.
- Representing the agency in high-level meetings and conferences involving a wide range of participants such as regulatory or law enforcement agencies, state, local, national, or international government offices, private industry, and the academic community.
- Reviewing important outward communication, such as Annual Reports to OMB and to Congress, as well as content published on www.sec.gov/data.
- Representing the Office of the Chief Data Officer in various internal decision-making and advisory bodies as assigned by the CDO.