According to the posting, duties for the Data Scientist include:
- Serving as senior advisor and subject matter expert for the Division of Enforcement (ENF) in the areas of data science, data strategy and use, governance, architecture, and services.
- Working closely with ENF leadership to manage the ever-growing data assets and needs and enable ENF to harness that data to support data-driven decision making and strategy setting as well as improve operational efficiency.
- Developing and maintaining ENF’s Data Strategy in alignment with the SEC’s overall Data Strategy.
- Overseeing the implementation and management of cutting-edge solutions for data integration, data quality, storage management, and technologies that are optimized for data analytics, ensuring alignment with ENF’s mission and strategic objectives.
- In coordination with the Office of the Chief Data Officer, developing and maintaining a comprehensive data inventory that accounts for all data assets created by, collected by, under the control or direction of, or maintained by ENF.
- Proposing datasets and dataset risk categorizations for data within ENF, and overseeing data controls within ENF.
- Coordinating with the SEC Chief Data Officer and ENF Data Stewards to manage the ENF data assets, including the standardization of data format, sharing of data assets, and publication of data assets in accordance with applicable law.
- Coordinating with the Office of the Chief Data Officer to review the impact of the infrastructure of the agency on data asset accessibility..