This position, in the Integrated Systems and Management Division of the Office of the Senior Procurement Executive) is a senior Program Analyst and works to enhance systems management and data quality for Departmental management systems. ISMD is responsible for DOT’s Acquisition and Financial Assistance information technology systems operate efficiently and effectively by capturing quality data and by providing essential information for relevant and timely decision making and reporting.
According to the posting, duties for the Senior Program Analyst include:
- Conducts data analyses using software such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI. Derives meaning from big data (i.e. datasets that may be large, disparate, unstructured, and/or complex). Consults with stakeholders and customers to identify the appropriate data, methodological approach, and design.
- Translates complex concepts, findings, and limitations into concise, plain language. Closely ties findings and conclusions into the agency mission, original problem statement, and team objectives.
- Directs internal and external process or system reviews, studies, projects, and data validation efforts, which provide a means for evaluating system performance and vulnerabilities.
- Researches and designs presentations and interpretations of analytical outputs tailored to specific audiences. Presents the results of quantitative analyses to non-technical audiences. Independently synthesizes findings and turns them into actionable insights.
- Monitors performance and resolves problems and establishes and maintains records for interagency agreement and contract activities for responsible programs.